STAY HUNGRY , STAY FOOLISH.

求知若饥,虚心若愚。

       浏览:

大学英语-5.英翻汉6句30分

A

A dog is always well-known as a clever and friendly animal. 在动物中,狗素以其聪明与和善而著称。
A few minutes later the doctor came out of his room for the third time. 几分钟后,医生第三次从他的房间走出来。
A friend of mine from high school is working in England now. 我高中的一个朋友目前在英格兰工作。
A good memory is a great help in learning a language. 好的记忆有助于语言的学习。
A lot of natural resources in the mountain area are to be exploited and used. 那个山区有许多自然资源有待于开发利用。
A man and his wife had a small restaurant near a station. 一个男人和他的妻子在靠近车站的地方开了家小饭馆。
A sign at the bus stop helps you to know which bus to take. 公交车站的站牌告诉你要乘哪趟车。
A teacher should have patience in his work. 当老师应当有耐心。
After I get home, I’ll call you. 到家以后,我会给你打电话。
Air is all around us. 空气围绕在我们周围。
Air pollution is more serious than water pollution. 空气污染比水污染更严重。
All that glitters is not gold. 闪光的未必都是金子。
All things are difficult before they are easy. 凡事总是由难而易。
Also you can carry many things with you in a car. 而且你能带很多东西放在车上。
Although very important,intelligence is not necessarily the key to success. 虽然聪明很重要,但未必是成功的关键。
Americans usually eat three meals a day. 美国人通常一日三餐。
Apples here like water and sunshine. 这里的苹果喜欢水和阳光。
Are you fond of music? 你喜欢音乐吗?
Are you willing to give more money to the poor people? 你愿意给穷人更多的钱吗?
As is known to all, China is a developing country. 众所周知,中国是一个发展中国家。
As is known to all, China is the largest developing country in the world. 众所周知,中国是世界上最大的发展中国家。
As long as there is water, plants won’t die quickly. 只要有水,植物就不会很快死亡。
As was expected,he passed the exam easily. 果不出所料,他轻而易举地通过了考试。
At first the phone was busy. 刚开始电话占线。


B

Because of his carelessness,Jack hit his car into a big tree by the roadside. 因为粗心,杰克开车撞倒路边的树上了。
Because there was heavy traffic, we were ten minutes late. 由于交通拥挤,我们晚了十分钟。
Before he turned to Internet for help, Jack had spent one year looking for his parents. 在杰克求助于网络之前,他已经花了一年的时间寻找父母。
Beijing Olympic Games can make Chinese people work harder. 北京奥林匹克运动会使得中国人民更加努力工作。
Bill hit his car into a wall last night. 昨晚比尔开车时,车撞到了墙上。
Bob and Peter found out that they were twin brothers. 鲍勃和皮特发现他们是双胞胎兄弟。
Bob was such a hardworking man that he always worked late till night. 鲍勃是一个如此勤奋的人,以至于他总是工作到深夜。
Both Ann and Mary are suitable for the job. 安妮和玛丽都适合干这项工作。
But competitive swimming is just over one hundred years old. 但游泳比赛不过只有一百余年的历史。
But it looks like something I would never buy. 但它看起来就像是我绝不会买的东西。
But I’ve got room for only two of you in the house. 但是我家里只能住下你们其中的两个人。
But Little Smart is not really that smart. 但小灵通并不是真的那么聪明。
By 1900, most states had laws against selling cigarettes to young people. 到1900年时,大部分州都已经颁布了禁止向青少年出售香烟的法律。


C

Call me tomorrow if you have time. 你明天要有时间就给我打个电话。
Can I download this material without paying any money? 我可以免费下载这个材料吗?
Can you express yourself clearly in English? 你能用英语清楚地表达自己的意思吗?
Can you finish your work in time? 你能及时完成工作吗?
Children who often exercise are cleverer. 经常锻炼的孩子更聪明。
China is the largest developing country in the world. 中国是世界上最大的发展中国家。
China will build up a space station in ten years. 在十年内,中国将建一个太空站。
Christmas is the most important festival in the west. 圣诞节是西方最重要的节日。
Could you show me the way to the train station? 你可以告诉我去火车站的路吗?
Could you tell me how to get to the bank? 你可以告诉我如何去银行吗?
Could you tell me how to go to your university? 请你告诉我如何去你的大学,可以吗?
Could you tell me where the post office is? 请问邮局在哪里?


D

David will get a birthday gift from his sister. 戴维将从他的姐姐那里得到一份生日礼物。
Did you get that E-mail from me? 你收到我发的那封电子邮件了吗?
Did you go fishing with your friends last Sunday? 上周日你与你的朋友去钓鱼了?
Do you feel better now? 你现在觉得好点了吗?
Do you have access to the Internet? 你能上网吗?
Do you have anything to say? 你有什么要说的吗?
Do you know where the post office is? 你知道邮局在哪儿吗?
Do you like traveling? 你喜欢旅游吗?
Do you mind my smoking here? 我在这里吸烟,你介意吗?
Do you often do your washing in the evening? 你经常晚上洗衣服吗?
Do you still have anything that you don’t understand? 你还有什么不懂的吗?
Do you think students should do a part-time job? 你认为学生应该业余打工吗?
Do you think we will have good weather? 你认为我们会有好天气吗?
Do you think you can do it by yourself? 你认为你自己可以单独干完这件事吗?
Do you want to go out or stay at home? 你想出去还是留在家里?
Does the computer have instructions on it? 电脑上面有使用说明吗?
Don’t leave your little sister alone at home. 不要把你的小妹妹独自留在家里
Don’t believe whatever he tells you. 无论他告诉你什么都不要相信。
Don’t tell me what to do! 用不着告诉我该做什么!
Don’t you mind my opening the window? 你不介意我打开窗户吧?
Don’t you think smoking is harmful to your health? 你不认为抽烟对你的身体有害吗?


E

Each student needs to learn something different. 每个学生需要学一些不同的东西。
Each time history repeats itself, the price goes up. 历史每重演一次,代价就增加(一分)。
Each year some of his money is given to the best scientists and writers of the world. 每年他的一部分钱都会奖/发给世界上最优秀的科学家和作家。
Every student has free access to all the sources in the library. 每一位学生都可以自由利用图书馆的一切资源。
Everyone was in bed except me. 除了我,所有人都上床睡觉了。
Excuse me. Could you tell me how to get to the cinema? 请问去电影院怎么走?
Excuse me. Where’s the nearest police station? 劳驾,离这儿最近的派出所在哪里?


F

Failure is the mother of success. 失败乃成功之母。
Few of them believe you. 他们当中几乎没人相信你。
Fewer high school students are smoking now than a few years ago. 现在中学生吸烟的人数比几年前要少了。
Fires may do more damage than the earthquakes. 火所造成的损失可能比地震还严重。
Fred was such a hardworking student that he soon came out first in the class. 弗瑞德是一个学习十分用功的学生,所以不久他就成了班里学习最好的学生。
From the East Coast to the West Coast it is about 3,000 miles wide. 美国领土的东西宽度约为3000英里。


G

Give us a few more minutes to decide. 再给我们几分钟时间做决定。
Go down this street until you reach the second traffic lights. 顺着这条街走,一直走到第二个交通灯处。


H

Have you seen Tom recently? 最近你看见汤姆了吗?
He asks me to stay in the room till he comes back. 他让我呆在屋里等他回来。
He borrowed some money from his friend and hurried there. 他从朋友那借了些钱,便急匆匆地赶去那儿。
He called the doctor and made sure they would meet at five. 他给医生打了电话,定下来五点见面。
He can run as fast as Jim. 他跑的和吉姆一样快。
He didn’t need to attend the meeting. 他没必要参加那个会议。
He didn’t understand what the teacher said. 他不懂老师所说的话。
He doesn’t know what life means to him. 他不知道人生的意义。
He doesn’t like the way you talk to him. 他不喜欢你和他说话的样子。
He had a traffic accident last week. 他上星期出了一起交通事故。
He had to leave early yesterday. 昨天他不得不早些离开。
He has a foreign friend who lives in the United States/ America. 他有一个住在美国的外国朋友。
He has been learning English for years. 多年来,他一直在学英语。
He has sympathy for all poor people. 他对所有穷苦人都富有同情心。
He has taught English in this university ever since he moved to this city. 他自从移居到这座城市以来就一直在这所大学教英语。
He has the habit of making notes while reading. 他有阅读时记笔记的习惯
He is a worldwide famous scientist. 他是一位世界著名的科学家。
He is always making excuses for being late. 他总是为他的迟到找借口。
He is always very active in student activities. 他在学生活动中一直非常积极。
He is leaving China for Britain tomorrow. 明天他要离开中国去英国。
He is sweating all over. 他出了一身汗。
He is the only Chinese who has ever won the award. 他是唯一获得过这个荣誉的中国人。
He is thinking about moving to a new place. 他正在考虑搬到一个新的的地方
He keeps looking at himself in the mirror. 他老是照镜子。
He knew the time of the meeting. 他知道开会时间。
He lives in a small room with only one small window. 他住在一间只有一个小窗户的小房间里。
He offered to help us with our work. 他主动帮助我们工作。
He often went from town to town giving lectures. 他经常辗转在城镇间作演讲。
He prefers coffee to tea. 与茶相比,他更喜欢咖啡。
He said that he had left his umbrella in the library. 他说他把伞忘在图书馆了。
He sits there listening to music. 他坐在那儿听音乐。
He stopped smoking. 他已经戒烟了。
He stopped to smoke. 他停下来,开始吸烟。
He told me that he had bought a book. 他告诉我他买了一本书。
He told me that he had lived in America for ten years before he came to China. 他告诉我在来中国前他在美国已生活十年了。
He translated the famous novel into English. 他把那部著名的小说译成了英文。
He tried many times to pass the examination, and in the end he succeeded. 他多次努力想通过考试,最后成功了。
He was happy with his new car, and drove to work in it the next day. 他对自己的新车感到很满意,第二天就开着去上班了。
He was not just an actor, but also a writer, producer and director. 他不仅是一名演演员,还是一位作家,制片人和导演。
He was pleased with the fine weather. 他因天气好而感到快乐。
He was satisfied with his new car, and drove to work in it the very next day. 他对自己的新车感到很满意,第二天就开着去上班了。
He was too tired to go on reading. 他太困了,无法再阅读了。
He was too tired to say a word and went to bed at once. 他太累了,一句话也没说就立刻上床睡觉去了。
He was very happy to hear from his old friend. 他很高兴收到他的老朋友的信。
He watched me more carefully than ever. 他比以往更加严格地监视我了。
He’ll come if it doesn’t rain tomorrow. 如果明天不下雨他就来。
He’s growing more like his father now. 他现在越长越像他的父亲。
Hi. What can I get for your dinner, sir? 你好,先生。你晚餐要吃什么?
How are you doing these days? 这些日子你怎么样?
How are you feeling today? 你今天感觉怎么样?
How do you spell your last name? 你的姓是如何拼写的?
How long do you watch TV every day? 你每天看多长时间电视?
How long has she lived there? 她在那儿住多久了?
How long have you collected your stamps? 你集邮有多久了?
How long will it take us to get there? 我们到那儿要用多长时间?
How wide is this street? 这条街有多宽?
How will you spend the evening? 你晚上干什么?


I

I am glad to hear the good news. 听到这个好消息我很高兴。
I am not satisfied with his answer. 我对他的回答不满意。
I am very familiar with his name. 我很熟悉他的名字。
I am very much interested in sports. 我对运动很感兴趣。
I am writing this letter to complain about the service in your hotel. 我写这封信的目的是要投诉你们旅馆的服务。
I buy some food on my way home. 我在回家路上买些吃的。
I came back because of the rain. 因为下雨我就回来了。
I came here at least once a month. 我一个月至少来这里一次。
I can’t finish the task within 1 hour. 1小时内我不能完成这个任务。
I can’t go with you today because I’m too busy. 我今天不能和你一块儿去,因为我太忙了。
I can’t remember where I left my English book. 我想不起我把英语书放在哪儿了。
I could hardly agree to what you said just now. 我不能同意你刚才说的话。
I didn’t hear what you said to him. 我没听见你对他说的是什么.
I didn’t sleep well. 我没睡好。
I do want to know what really happened. 我确实想知道到底发生了什么事。
I don’t feel very well. 我觉得不太舒服。
I don’t know who broke the window. 我不知道谁打破了窗户。
I don’t think he can operate the new type of computer. 我认为他不会操作这种计算机。
I don’t think he has time to play chess with you. 我想他没有时间和你下棋。
I don’t want to spend five dollars on a cup of water. 我不想花五美元买一瓶水。
I enjoyed this meal thoroughly. 我非常喜欢这顿饭。
I expect she will have changed her mind by tomorrow. 我预料到明天为止她会改变观点。
I feel lonely without you. 没有你我感到孤独。
I feel satisfied with my life. 我对生活感到满意。
I finished my work at 6 pm. 下午6点我干完了活。
I found $10 on the street. 我在大街上捡到10美元。
I get to my office at 10:30. 我十点半到办公室。
I got married ten years ago. 十年前,我结了婚。
I guess he is ill. 我猜他大概是病了。
I had lunch with a friend of mine. 我和我的一个朋友一块吃了午饭。
I had no choice. 我别无选择。
I happened to pass by when the boy fell into the river. 那个小孩掉到/落入河里的时候我正好经过那里。
I have a pain in my back. 我的背疼。
I have no idea what to say. 我不知道说什么好。
I have no interest in what they say about me. 我对别人怎么说我不感兴趣。
I have something important to tell you. 我有些重要事情要告诉你。
I have two coats. One is red, the other is blue. 我有两件上衣。一件红的,另一件是蓝色的。
I haven’t enough money for the coat. 我的钱不够买这件上衣。
I heard it said that this factory was founded in 1901. 我听说这家工厂是1901年创建的。
I heard she got married last week. 我听说她上星期结婚了。
I hope we can have some snow this winter. 我希望今年冬天会下点雪。
I hope you’ll be well soon. 祝你早日恢复健康。
I hurried to my office. 我匆忙赶到了办公室。
I knocked on his door but nobody came to answer it. 我敲了他的门,但没人来开门。
I look forward to hearing from you. 我期待着收到您的回信。
I looked for the book on the desk but it was nowhere. 我在桌上找了那本书,但是那本书不在那儿。
I lost my keys on my way to work. 在去上班的路上,我的钥匙丢了。
I need to buy some 50-cent stamps. 我需要买一些50美分的邮票。
I need you to fill out the top portion of the form first. 我需要你先填写表格的上半部。
I prefer tea to coffee. 我宁可要茶,不要咖啡。
I promise you that I will do everything I can to help him. 我保证尽一切努力帮助他。
I rang your house last night but your mother answered the phone. 我昨夜给你家打电话,但接电话的是你母亲。
I read the local newspapers with great interest every evening. 每晚我怀着极大的兴趣读当地报纸。
I saved the baby and became a hero. 我因救了这个婴儿而成了英雄。
I slept soundly all night. 我整夜睡得很熟。
I take a walk in the early morning every day. 我每天一大早出去散步。
I think a person’s character is more important than his appearance. 我认为一个人的性格比他的外表更重要。
I think everyone knows how to swim. 我想每个人都知道如何游泳。
I think our dream will become true. 我认为我们的梦想将成为现实。
I think she will change her mind tomorrow. 我想明天她就会改变主意。
I think the picture shows us how fruit is necessary to life. 我想这幅图是告诉我们水果对生活是不可缺的。
I think you’re wrong. 我认为你是错的。
I used the bag to protect my face from the smoke and heat. 我用包捂在脸上挡住烟和热。
I was born in the city which you visited last year. 我就出生在你去年参观过的那个城市。
I was having a nap when suddenly the telephone rang. 我在睡觉时,电话铃突然响了。
I was too excited to say a word in front of him. 我当时太兴奋了,以至于在他面前什么也说不出来了。
I was wondering if you could help me to find this book. 我想知道你能否帮我找到这本书。
I watched TV all night yesterday. 我昨天看了一夜电视。
I will make sure that every student has a copy of the book. 我一定会确保每个学生都有一本这种书。
I would appreciate it if you would just let me deal with this case. 如果你能让我独自处理这桩案件,我将不胜感激。
If you decided to learn a new language, you would have to devote all your efforts to it. 如果你决定学一门新的语言,你必须全力以赴。
If you have time, you can come to my office. 如果有时间,你可以来我的办公室。
If you travel by ship across the Pacific, you cross the international date line(国际日期变更线). 如果你乘船航行穿越太平洋,你会穿过国际日期变更线。
I’ll be waiting for you at the library this time tomorrow. 我明天这时候在图书馆等你。
I’ll call you as soon as I arrive. 我一到就给你打电话。
I’ll go with you and make sure you understand it. 我随你去并确信你理解会用才行。
I’ll have to try using the search engines. 我得试着用这个搜索引擎。
I’ll phone you again when I get home. 回家后,我将再给你打电话。
I’ll stay at home and watch TV. 我将呆在家看电视。
I’ll tell you what to do next. 我会告诉你下一步做什么。
I’ll tell you when to stop working. 我会告诉你何时停止工作。
I’ll try not to take up too much of your time. 我尽量不占用你太多的时间。
I’ll write to you as soon as I get there. 我一到那儿就给你写信。
I’m certain he’ll go to see the film, because he’s bought a ticket. 我肯定他会去看电影的,因为他把票都买好了。
I’m finishing my second year of studies. 我即将完成第二年的学习。
I’m going to buy a monthly ticket tomorrow. 我想明天买张月票。
I’m going to run for the bus as soon as the bell rings. 铃声一响,我就要去赶公共汽车。
I’m going to visit a friend of mine this Sunday. 本星期天,我要去拜访一位朋友。
I’m having a headache now. 我现在有点头疼。
I’m looking forward to your visit to China. 我在盼望你对中国的访问。
I’m not an English major student. 我不是英语专业的学生。
I’m now a distance education student. 我现在是一名远程教育学员。
I’m sorry to hear that. 听到这消息我很遗憾。
I’m sure we’ll have a good time. 我相信我们会很开心的。
I’m telling the truth. 我说的是事实。
I’m thinking about a visit to Paris. 我在考虑去巴黎旅游。
I’m very much eager to improve my oral English. 我非常渴望改进我的英语口语。
I’m wondering who broke the window. 我纳闷谁打破了窗户。
In an age of plenty, we feel spiritually hungry. 在这个物质财富充裕的时代,我们感到精神上的饥渴。
In fact,he did not even own a bed. 实际上,他连张床都没有。
In Foreign Languages Department,a checking machine is used to correct the students’ test papers. 外语教研部用阅卷机给学生批卷。
In many factories,an assembly line is used to speed up the efficiency of the workforce. 许多工厂采用流水线来提高工作效率。
In most countries, animals are in a worse position than human beings. 在大多数国家,动物的境况比人类要差。
In no other country in the world can you find such plants as this one. 像这种的植物在世界上的其它任何一个国家中都找不到。
In no other region in the world can you find such rare animals as giant pandas. 在世界上的其他任何地区,你都找不到像大熊猫这样的珍稀动物。
In the past few days, news of victory has kept coming in. 在过去的几天里胜利的消息不断传来。
In the United States a lot of college students do not live at home. 在美国,许多大学生不在家住。
In the world, soccer or football is the most popular sport. 足球是一项风靡全世界的体育运动。
Is this the magazine which you want to borrow? 这就是你要借的那本杂志吗?
It doesn’t matter whether he comes or not. 他来或不来都无关紧要。
It has not been decided yet whether they will take part in our experiment. 他们是否参加我们的试验还没有决定。
It is a fine spring day. 那是一个晴朗的春天。
It is certain that we shall produce this kind of engine. 我们将生产这种发动机,这是肯定无疑的。
It is known to all that exercises are good for health. 众所周知,锻炼有益于健康。
It is known to all that light travels in straight lines. 众所周知,光以直线运行。
It is necessary to take medicine on time. 按时吃药是必要的。
It is no good hoping to read all these books. 希望能够读完所有这些书是毫无意义的。
It is not necessary to do this work. 没有必要做这项工作。
It is well known that coal is an important source of energy. 众所周知,煤炭是重要的能源。
It normally takes a semester for a college freshman to adjust to his college life. 大学新生一般需要花一个学期来适应大学生活。
It rained every day while I was in Shanghai. 我在上海时,天天下雨。
It seems that you know someone cares about you. 你似乎知道有人在关心你。
It takes a lot of time to learn a foreign language. 学习一门外语需要很多时间。
It was a hard job, but he did not mind. 这项工作很艰苦,但他并不在乎。
It’s very important to maintain your current weight through exercise and healthy eating. 通过锻炼和健康饮食来保持你目前的体重是非常重要的。
It’s always a pleasure to see many friends here in London. 很高兴在伦敦见到许多朋友。
It’s easy to say, but difficult to do. 说起来容易,但做起来难。
It’s never too late to learn. 活到老,学到老。
It’s not much different from that heavy metal music you like so much. 那跟你很喜欢的重金属音乐并没有什么不同。
It’s still raining today! 今天还在下雨。
It’s their duty to look after these young trees. 他们的责任是照看这些小树。
I’ve been so busy lately,I haven’t had time to call anybody. 我最近一直很忙,所以没时间打电话给任何人。
I’ve changed my mind. 我改主意了。
I’ve got used to the weather in Shanghai. 我已经适应了上海的这种天气。
I’ve lost interest in my work. 我对这份工作已经失去了兴趣。
I’ve never heard such good music in a computer game. 我在电脑游戏里从没有听过这么好的音乐。
I’ve never heard such good music in game. 我在游戏里从没有听过这么好的音乐。


J

Jack works much harder than before. 杰克学习比以前努力多了。
Jane has told me a lot about her trip in South Africa. 简告诉我许多有关她到南非旅游的事。
Jane has told me a lot about her trip. 珍妮告诉了我很多关于她旅行的事。
Jane moved to New York at the end of last month. 简在上月底就移居纽约了。
Jenny is fond of reading and often borrows books from the city library. 珍妮喜爱读书,经常从市图书馆借回许多书。
Jim was clever, but he does not work hard. 吉姆很聪明,但他讨厌吃苦。
Jim will go to his teacher whenever he has questions. 吉姆一有问题就找他的老师。
John and his brother differ in personality even if their differences in age are not significant. 尽管约翰和他哥哥在年纪上相差不大,但他们的个性却不相同。
Just because you like, it doesn’t mean I will. 你喜欢它,并不意味我也会喜欢。


K

Karsh was praised as a master portraitist, often working in black and white, influenced by great painters of the past. 卡什被人们誉为人像大师,由于受到历史上一些著名画家的影响,他在拍摄中经常运用黑白摄影。


L

Let me type in your address and then open the account. 我先输入你的住址,然后开户。
Let’s find a place to shelter from the rain or we’ll get wet. 我们找个地方躲雨吧,不然就淋湿了。
Let’s go dancing tonight. 今晚我们去跳舞吧。
Let’s sit over here until it’s time for you to board. 我们就在这里坐到你上飞机的时间。
Let’s try something different. 让我们尝尝其它不同的口味。
Li Bai is one of the greatest poets that have ever lived in China. 李白是中国有史以来最伟大的诗人之一。
Li Mei studies in a university far away from her home. 李梅在远离自己家的一所大学学习。
Li Ming is a friend of mine whom I have known since childhood. 李明是我从小就认识的一位朋友。
Life is meaningless without a purpose. 没有目标的生活是毫无意义的。
Lincoln was the US president who set the slaves free. 林肯是解放黑奴的那位美国总统。
Look out the window it’s still raining today! 看窗外,今天还在下雨。


M

Many people don’t listen to music and they can get along quite well. 许多人不听音乐,却生活得相当好。
Many schools will open for lessons at the beginning of September. 很多学校九月初开学。
Many students who have problems won’t go for advice or help. 许多有问题的学生不会去寻找建议或帮助。
Many young people want to be volunteers for Olympic Games. 许多年轻人想做奥运会的志愿者。
May I have a look at the watch? 我能看看这块表吗?
May I have a look at your pictures? 我能看看你的照片吗?
Men differ from other animals in that they can speak and think. 人和其他动物的区别在于他们有语言和思想。
Most students feel satisfied with the progress they’ve made. 大多数学生对自己所取得的进步感到满意。
Mr. Green was frightened by the message. 格林先生被这消息吓住了。
MR. Lin assigned too much homework today. 今天林先生(老师)留的家庭作业太多了。
My classmate is more clever than I. 我的同学比我聪明。
My classmate is much cleverer than I. 我的同学比我聪明多了。
My grandpa is used to getting up early. 我爷爷习惯早起。
My idea is that this experiment should be stopped. 我的意见是这个实验应该停止。
My mother says she really likes these styles and so do I. 我妈妈说她很喜欢这些式样,我也很喜欢。
My parents got married in 1954. 我父母是1954年结婚的。
My problem is that I don’t have much time to do the work. 我的问题在于我没有多少时间干这工作。
My watch is five minutes fast. 我的表快了五分钟。


N

Neither the land nor the weather is good for farming. 这儿的土地和气候都不适宜耕作。
New York University has forty-eight thousand students. 纽约大学有学生四万八千名。
No matter how much it cost, he had to get the car fixed. 无论费用多高,他也不得不去修车。
No matter what happens, I’ll be your best friend. 无论发生什么,我都是你最好的朋友。
Not all Americans are interested in sports, of course. 当然, 并非所有美国人都对运动赶兴趣。
Not all the machines here are produced by our factory. 这里的机器并不全是我厂生产的。
Nothing in the world moves faster than light. 世界上没有什么东西比光走得更快。


O

Of course they did not always have money to buy the things they wanted. 当然他们不总是有钱去买他们想要的东西。
Of course, it has special meaning for people like me. 当然,它对我这样的人具有特殊的含义。
Okay, and I need a pen to fill out the address. 好,我还得借一支笔来填写地址。
On that flight were a mother and her four-year-old son, whose name was Jeffrey. 在那次航班上,有一位妈妈和她四岁的儿子,儿子名叫杰佛瑞。
On the last day of the old year, there is a family dinner. 在即将过去的一年的最后一天,会有一次家庭聚餐。
On their way they came to a bread shop. 在途中,他们来到一家面包店。
Once all the information is completed, you sign here. 所有内容都填完之后,你就在这儿签名。
Once, however, the clock failed to give the correct time. 然而,这座钟曾有一次没有报出准确的时间。
One can never succeed without enough confidence in himself. 一个人如果对自己没有足够的信心就不可能成功。
Only on weekends, cars can not go into the Central Park. 只有在周末,中央公园不许汽车入内。
Only those who work hard will be in a better position in the competition. 只有勤奋者才会在这场竞争中处于更为有利的地位。
Open the window and let the fresh air in. 打开窗户让新鲜空气进来。
Our library is as big as theirs. 我们的图书馆和他们的一样大。
Our teacher always encourages us to speak English bravely. 我们的老师总是鼓励我们大胆讲英语。
Our textbooks are very different from theirs. 我们的教材和他们的教材很不一样。


P

People all over the world are trying to help the people in Sichuan. 全世界人民都在尽力帮助四川人民。
People all over the world are trying to help the people in the quake-stricken areas. 全世界人民都在尽力帮助遭受地震地区的人民。
People use science knowledge to understand and change nature. 人们利用科学知识去了解自然,改造自然。
People usually hate mice, but one mouse won the hearts of the people all over the world. 人们通常憎恶老鼠,但这只老鼠却赢得了全世界人们的心。
Playing the sport you like is an important part of a person’s life. 进行一项自己喜欢的运动是一个人生活中重要的一部分。
Please call me back when you are free. 你有时间给我回个电话。
Please get off the bus at the next stop. 请在下一站下车。
Please give me a glass of beer. 请给我来杯啤酒。
Please give me your homework before leaving. 请在离开前将你的作业交给我。
Please give this book to whoever comes first. 请把这本书给最先来的人。
Please move your chair to the window. 请把你的椅子移到窗口。
Please ring me up tomorrow morning. 请明天上午给我打电话。
Please tell me what to do next. 请告诉我接下来做什么。
Please tell me where I can find these books. 请告诉我在哪儿能找到这些书。
Promise me never to be late again. 答应我以后再也不要迟到了。


R

Rain water finds its way to streams and rivers. 雨水流进江河。
Riding bicycles can save energy. 骑自行车能够节约能源。


S

Scientists think that there is no life on the Mars. 科学家们认为火星上没有生命。
She always laughs at a good joke. 她听到了好的笑话,总是要笑的。
She begins cooking as soon as she gets home. 她每天一到家就开始做饭。
She could not understand me when I spoke to her. 当我跟她讲话的时候,她根本听不懂我的话。
She has only a small room to live in. 他仅住在一间小小的房间里。
She is used to living in the countryside. 她习惯住在乡下。
She likes Mike a lot, but she doesn’t want to get married so early. 她喜欢迈克,但她不想那么早就结婚。
She likes to help any one who is in difficulty. 她乐意帮助任何一个有困难的人。
She looks lovely when she is happy. 她高兴的时候看起来很可爱。
She was late for work again. 她上班又迟到了。
She was the only daughter and the youngest child of five. 她是家里唯一的女儿,也是五个孩子中年龄最小的。
She’s free on Friday and Saturday. 她周五和周六有空。
Since the earth looks like a ball, the sun can shine on only half of it at a time. 由于地球看上去像一个球,太阳一次只能照到它的一半。
Some football teams will have games there. 有几支足球队要在那里进行比赛。
Some of her pictures were shown in an art exhibition (展览会) in Shanghai when she was 4 years old. 四岁的时候她的一些画就在上海的一个艺术展览会上展出。
Some parents even do not let their children meet their good friends. 有些父母甚至不让自己的孩子去见他们的好朋友。
Some women have managed to become doctors. 有些妇女经努力当上了医生。
Stay here before I get back. 在我回来之前别离开。
Students can study by themselves through school network. 学生可以自己通过校园网络学习。
Success in business depends on hard work. 生意上的成功取决于努力工作。


T

Take an umbrella with you in case of rain. 带上雨伞以防下雨。
Take this empty box away and bring me a full one. 把这只空盒子拿走,给我拿一个满的来。
Talking for a long time makes me tired. 长时间的谈话使我感到疲倦。
Ted and William have lived under the same roof for five years. 泰德和威廉已经在同一个屋檐下生活了五年了。
Telling the way to a place for free. 免费指路。
That team withdrew from the match as a protest against the unfair referee. 那个球队退出了比赛,抗议那个不公平的裁判。
The best time to read English is in the morning. 阅读英语的最佳时间是早晨。
The bus is coming. Let’s get on the bus. 那辆公交车来了。我们上车。
The cause of the fire was carelessness. 起火的原因是不谨慎。
The couple enjoyed their holiday very much. 这对夫妇假期过得很快活。
The doctor had no choice but reach out to their colleagues across the nation. 那个医生别无选择,只能向全国的同行求助。
The doctor is very patient with his patients. 医生对他的病人很耐心。
The doctor performed an operation on him as soon as he was sent to the hospital. 他被送到医院后,医生立刻给他做了手术。
The doctor said there was nothing wrong with his eyes. 医生说他的眼睛没有毛病。
The doctor told me to have more water. 医生让我多喝些水。
The earth on which we live is shaped like a ball. 我们居住的地球,形状像一个大球。
The earthquake in Sichuan made Chinese people unite as one. 发生在四川的地震使全中国人民团结的像一个人似的。
The friend saw everything but did not say a single word. 这位朋友看到了一切,却一言不发。
The girls are busy making preparations for the weekend party. 姑娘们忙着准备周末的晚会。
The jury was composed of eight white people and four black people. 陪审团由八位白人和四位黑人组成。
The little boy wanted to exchange his toy car for my cake. 这个小男孩想用他的玩具小汽车换我的蛋糕。
The majority of us agree with you. 我们绝大多数与你意见一致。
The man is easy to deal with. 这个人容易相处。
The man-made satellite made by China is working very well. 中国制造的卫星运行良好。
The meal was very good except that the fish was a bit too salty. 除了鱼有点太咸,这顿饭还是很好的。
The moon looks much bigger than any other stars in the sky. 月亮看起来比天空中任何其他星星都要大的多。
The more I study, the less I seem to learn. 我读的书越多,好象学到的东西越少。
The more money I make, the happier I will be. 赚的钱越多,我就会越快乐。
The more passions we have, the more happiness we are likely to experience. 我们的激情越多,我们有可能体验的快乐就越多。
The more you know, the further you go. 你懂得越多,就走得越远。
The most common samples of inorganic materials are the gases of the atmosphere, water, rocks, etc. 大气中的气体、水、岩石都是无机物中最普通的实例。
The movie began when we got there. 我们一到那儿电影就开演了。
The old man is in his late sixties. 老人近七十岁。
The old man was knocked down by a taxi when he was crossing the street. 老人在过马路时被一辆出租车撞倒了。
The Olympic Games is an international sports event that takes place every four years. 奥林匹克运动会是国际性的体育会,每四年举办一次。
The pen that I’m writing with is a birthday present from my sister. 我正在用的这支笔是我姐姐送我的生日礼物。
The People’s Republic of China (PRC), founded on October 1, 1949, covers an area of 9.6 million square kilometers. 中华人民共和国成立于1949年10月1日,国土面积约960万平方公里。
The plan has been over fulfilled by now. 目前,已经超额完成计划。
The plane took off very smoothly. 飞机很平稳地起飞了。
The polluted air becomes poisonous and dangerous to health. 污染的空气变得有毒,对人的健康有害。
The price of gasoline will come down in Chinese market. 中国市场上的汽油价将会下降。
The prices of vegetables are different from place to place. 蔬菜价格地区间是有差别的。
The question is too difficult to answer. 这个问题太难回答。
The reason he was late was that he missed the bus. 他迟到的原因是误了车。
The reason why he failed is that he relies on others too much. 他失败的原因是他太依赖别人。
The school management must be improved. 必须改进学校管理。
The school plans games and matches for its students. 学校为学生们安排游戏和比赛。
The shop is open till ten at night every day. 商店每天营业到晚上十点。
The store opens from 7 am. to 8 pm. 这个商店从上午7点到下午8点开门营业。
The students are encouraged to do more listening, reading and writing by their teacher. 老师鼓励学生多听、多读、多写。
The teacher assigned them to write a composition. 老师给他们布置的作业是写篇作文。
The teacher came earlier than expected. 老师来得比预期的早。
The teacher told the students to sit down quietly. 老师叫学生们安静入座。
The traffic jams during morning and afternoon rush hours are a headache in big cities now. 上下班高峰期的交通拥堵问题是大城市目前的一个棘手问题。
The TV set cost me $200. 这台电视机花了我200美元。
The White House is more than a home; it has offices for the President. 白宫不仅是住所,还是总统办公的官邸。
The whole process required a great deal of effort, skill and a luck. 整个过程需要很大的努力,需要高度的技巧,还需要运气。
Their parents don’t know them as well as their friends do. 他们的父母不像朋友那样了解他们。
There is a large amount of energy wasted due to friction(摩擦). 由于摩擦而损耗了大量的能量。
There is only some old furniture in the room. 这间房里布置了几件旧家具。
There is something urgent for you to do right now. 有件急事要你立即去做。
There’s a party at my house this Friday. 这星期五在我们家有个宴会。
These five boys failed in their English exam last term. 这五个男同学上学期的英语考试没过。
These goods are not up to standard. 这些商品未达到标准。
These two students from our school have been admitted to Beijing University. 我们学校这两个学生已经被北京大学录取了。
They are ordinary people, but did a great job. 他们是普通人,却干了一件大事。
They have been working together for three months and have come to know each other better. 他们一起工作了三个月,相互之间也更了解了。
They questioned both men but neither of them could speak English. 他们审问这两名男子,但这两个人都不会说英语。
They seem to have more activities at night than in the day. 他们看起来晚上的活动比白天多。
They sold the old house yesterday. 昨天他们把那旧房子卖了。
They thought that there must be something wrong with their TV set. 他们认为电视机一定出了毛病了。
They were sitting in the park, playing cards. 他们坐在公园里打扑克。
Think it over before you speak. 先考虑一下再说。
This box can hold more books than that one. 这个箱子比那个箱子能装更多的书。
This custom has a long tradition. 这一风俗历史悠久。
This is the most wonderful day of my life, because I’m here with you now. 今天是我一生中最美好的一天,因为我现在和你在一起。
This is the worst hospital I have ever seen. 这是我见过的最差的医院。
This new country hopes to establish friendly relations with all its neighbours. 这个新成立的国家希望和所有邻国建立友好关系。
This one’s pretty, but it costs too much. 这个很漂亮,但是很贵。
This pair of shoes cost me 260 yuan. 这双鞋花了我260元钱。
This place has plentiful material resources. 这个地方的物质资源是丰富的。
This street will be widened. 这条大街将要加宽。
This TV channel has too many commercials. 这个电视台频道广告太多了。
Though it was late, they kept on working. 尽管已经很晚了,他们还在继续工作。
Three hundred dollars is not enough to buy this typewriter. 买这台打字机300美元不够。
Tom is five years younger than Peter. 汤姆比彼得小5岁。
Tom is not good at his subjects except math. 除了数学以外,汤姆其他功课都不太好。
Tom likes playing basket-ball but he can’t play well. 汤姆喜欢打篮球,但他打得不好。
Tom’s father has taught English here since he graduated from Peking University. 汤姆的父亲从北京大学毕业后就一直在这里教英语。
Transistors are small in size and light in weight. 晶体管的体积小,重量轻。
Travel broadens the mind. 旅行可以开阔眼界。
Traveling by train is slower than by plane, but it has its advantages. 乘火车旅行比乘飞机旅行慢,但有它的优势。
Trees need water to grow. 树木有水才能生长。
Try hard or you’ll fail the test. 努力地,否则你考试及不了格。


V

Various substances differ widely in their magnetic(磁性的) characteristics. 各种材料的磁性有很大的不同。


W

Wait here for further information. 在此等待进一步消息。
Wang Li’s father has taught English here since he has graduated from Peking University. 王丽的父亲从北京大学毕业后就一直在这里教英语。
We all like her because she’s very helpful. 我们都喜欢她, 因为她乐于助人。
We are from mainland China. 我们来自中国大陆。
We are getting ready for our English examination. 我们正在为英语考试做准备。
We are going to have an English party today. 今天我们将有一个英语聚会。
We are going to play golf this Sunday. 我们这个星期天要去打高尔夫球。
We are more convinced than ever that the reform and open-door policy is correct. 我们比过去任何时候都坚信,改革开放的政策是正确的。
We are short of time and money. 我资金和时间都缺。
We believe that Peter will be given the prize. 我们相信彼得将获得奖金。
We can learn from our mistakes. 我们能从错误中学习。
We cannot tell when an earthquake is coming. 我们无法判断地震什么时候发生。
We enjoyed ourselves very much at the party. 在那次晚会上我们玩得很愉快。
We have known each other for 6 years. 我们认识有六年了。
We have made little progress. 我们没有取得什么进展。
We must arrive there on time. 我们必须准时到那儿。
We must read as much as possible to enlarge our vocabulary. 我们必须尽可能多的阅读以扩大我们的词汇量。
We must take some measures to control the pollution. 我们必须采取措施来控制污染。
We should adapt ourselves to the new surroundings. 我们应当使自己适应新的环境。
We should encourage him to have confidence in himself. 我们应当鼓励他对自己要有信心。
We should keep it in mind that our country is a developing one. 我们应牢记在心,我国是一个发展中的国家。
We should make best use of time. 我们要充分利用时间。
We used to live near a big park. 我们曾经住在一个大公园附近。
We’re running behind schedule by about 15 minutes. 我们大约误点十五分钟。
Were there any phone calls for me while I was out? 我不在时,有人打电话给我吗?
What a beautiful T-shirt you have! 你的T恤衫真漂亮!
What are you doing next weekend? 下周末你干什么?
What can I do for you? 我能为您做点什么?
What did I say to cause you to do that? 我说什么了使你这样做?
What did they say they had done? 他们说他们干了什么?
What did you do last week? 上星期你干什么了?
What do you plan to do this Friday? 星期五你打算干什么?
What do you think about it? 你对此事怎么看?
What do you want for dinner? 晚饭你想吃什么?
What is the color of your new computer? 你的新电脑是什么颜色?
What kind of life do most people enjoy? 多数人喜欢什么样的生活?
What time do you go swimming every day? 你每天何时去游泳?
What time does the dining room open? 餐厅几点营业?
What time shall we leave? 我们何时出发?
What we need is a Chinese-English dictionary. 我们需要的是一本汉英字典。
What would you like to drink, mineral water or tea? 你喜欢喝点什么,矿泉水还是茶水?
What’s the color of your new dress? 你的新衣服是什么颜色的?
What’s the size of your shoes? 你的鞋多大尺寸?
What’s your nationality, sir? 先生,您是哪国人?
What’s your plan for the summer holiday? 暑假你计划干什么?
When are you going to get your hair cut? 你打算什么时候去理发?
When did you buy the car? 你什么时候买的车?
When did you get up yesterday morning? 你昨天早上几点起的床?
When do you think John will arrive? 你以为约翰将于何时到达?
When I arrived at the station, the train had already left. 我到车站时,火车已经开了。
When I just gone out of the building, it began to rain. 我刚走出大楼天就下雨了。
When I was young, I liked singing and dancing. 年轻时,我喜欢唱歌跳舞。
When I was young, I’d listen to the radio, waiting for my favorite songs. 当我还是个小孩的时候,我常听收音机,等待我最喜欢的歌。
When she got home that evening, she showed her husband the beautiful hat she had bought. 那天傍晚她回家后,给丈夫看她买的那顶漂亮的帽子。
When she left school, she went first to Britain. 在她离开学校后,她一开始去的是英国。
When she was eighteen, she began to work. 当她十八岁的时候,她开始工作。
When the meeting will be held has not been decided yet. 会议何时举行尚未决定。
When were the Olympic Games founded? 奥运会是何时创办的?
When will he come to see you? 他什么时候会来看你?
Where did you go for dinner yesterday? 你们昨天去哪儿吃饭了?
Who can help me clean the room? 谁能帮我打扫房间?
Who do you believe will be given the prize? 你相信谁会得到这个奖?
Who would say like this? 谁会这样说呢?
Whom did they expect the teacher would criticize? 他们希望老师批评谁?
Who’s going to answer the door? 谁去开门?
Who’s going to answer the telephone? 谁去接电话?
Why does the parrot cost so much? the man asked. 这个人问道:“这只鹦鹉为什么这么贵?”。
Why not go out for walk? 为什么不出去散步呢?
Why, do you want me to change the channel? 怎么了,你要我换个频道吗?
Wisdom is much more important than knowledge. 智慧比知识重要得多。
Without water, there is no life on the earth. 没有水,地球上就没有生命。
Would you like some mineral water? 你想要矿泉水吗?
Would you mind closing the window for me? 能帮我关一下窗户吗?
Would you mind turning down the radio? 你不介意把广播声调小一点吧?
Would you mind waiting outside? 请你在外面等,好吗?
Would you please help me with this heavy box? 你能帮我抬一下这个很沉的箱子吗?
Would you please open the door for me? 请你帮忙打开门好吗?


Y

Yeah, but they play the same songs over and over again. 没错,但他们总重复播放同一首歌。
Yeah, I’m anxious to hear all the songs from her new album. 是的,我也很急着听她新唱片里所有的歌。
Years ago, zoos kept all kinds of animals in small cages. 多年以前,动物园把各种动物都关在小笼子里。
You and your team can discover the answers to problems together. 你和你的团队可一起找到问题的答案。
You are clever enough to pass the exam. 你很聪明,能通过考试。
you are free to go or stay. 去留自愿。
You can buy water inside. 你可以在里面买水喝。
You can practise with your classmates outside class. 你可以在课外和同学一起练习。
You can see many interesting things on your way. 一路上你能看见许多有趣的事情。
You do not have to understand everything all at once. 你不必一下子就明白所有的事。
You don’t need to buy that. 你没必要买这东西。
You must always remember not to cheat in exams. 你们必须记住永远都不要在考试时作弊。
You needn’t go there anymore. He already knows about it. 你不必去了,他已经知道那件事了。
You ought not to smoke so much. 你不应该抽这么多的烟。
You should arrive at the airport at 10 am. 你该在上午10点到机场。
You should stop smoking. 你应该戒烟。
You shouldn’t smoke too much. 你不该抽那么多的烟。
You’d better do that again. 你最好再做一遍。
You’d better go quickly before I change my mind. 趁着我还没有改变主意,你赶快走吧。
You’ll find in English some words can be remembered more easily than the others. 你会发现英语里有些词比别的词容易记忆。
Young persons under twenty-five make up nearly half of the American population. 25岁以下的年轻人几乎占了美国人口的一半。
Your composition is well written, but there’s still some room for improvement. 你的作文很不错,但是还有改进的余地。
Your reading purpose is quite different; it is to understand meaning. 你阅读目的大不相同,是为了理解意思。


Z

Zoos help to protect all kinds of animals. 动物园帮助保护了各种动物。